Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Read about how busy I am here in Florence:

     So, it's the Sunday (When I started this, now it's Wednesday) of my third full week, and I'm finally getting around to writing my second blog post. It is so sad, because I thought I would be writing every week. Since classes started last Monday though, time has become a precious precious commodity (like a male model's life (watch Zoolander)), one which I am prone to wasting, i.e., watching Zoolander instead of doing homework or writing blog posts.
     So yeah, classes, they are really time consuming. You wouldn't think that would be true, what with my 3 day weekends, but I am actually not getting very much done. Anyway, I begin my week with Art History, which lasts from 9 am to 12 pm, if we don't have a trip, which we do this upcoming week, so our schedule is off. Normally though, Art History involves walking around and looking at really old stuff, then writing tiny notes in my sketchbook that I probably won't look at again. We also have to write weekly papers and do presentations and things like that, so it's slightly lame. This is followed by a 5 hour break, which is followed by Italian. Mondays pretty much suck. Oh yeah, and Mondays are also Mondays, so they suck twice as much.
     On tuesday I have drawing, which goes from 9 am to 4pm. We basically just go places and draw after about an hour of lecture. I need to be doing more drawing outside of class, because we are supposed to draw about as much outside of class as we do in class, and I definitely have not been doing that. I will probably draw about two hours today though, which should be good. I actually enjoy drawing though, and our teacher has a really good way of teaching us this stuff. I am pretty excited about the class.
     Wednesdays we have our art seminar.  It's about collecting, which actually means, your life experience, I can't explain it, it's not even worth trying. Class starts at 1pm, which is awesome, but it is followed by Italian, which is a total buzzkill. I didn't mention this the other time that I talked about this, but Italian lasts for two hours, which is horrible. We have a test this week. Life is sad.
     Thursdays I have my "theme sequence" course. I still don't know what that means, but our theme is Tradition and Revolution. It is supposed to help us think like artists and be packed with self discovery. It's pretty fun, and I think I am learning from it even though everything we do seems completely random and pointless. It's like an experiment in nearly accidental art. It's very strange, but alright so far.
     Friday we have the day off. I don't remember what I did last Friday (I just did actually, it'll be in the next paragraph). I think I went to an antique market (nope). The Friday that happened two days ago though was really awesome. We went to a Vineyard where we had a tour of the farm and a winemakaing factory (I don't think that's the proper term) and had lunch at the farmer's house. The food was amazing, and we drank a lot of wine. I kind of wish I was a wine farmer now, but whatever, art is good too.
   Then we have weekends. Last weekend we went out to dinner and that kind of thing. Our homestays don't cook for us so we have to eat out. Oh yeah, and it was my birthday last Friday (that's what I did), so we went to this Karaoke bar. I sang "That's Life" by Frank Sinatra because I'm amazing, and it was really fun. This weekend was alright, I can't remember anything really awesome that happened. I kind of just didn't do enough work.
    I am just going to finish this up now, I have somewhere to be, but maybe next time I post will be soon, so that what I am describing is fresh in my mind, and isn't 8 paragraphs of summary.

No comments:

Post a Comment